Slow Food USA oversees activities in the US, including nationally-run programs that support and promote 225 local chapters that carry out the Slow Food mission in their communities. Chapters offer educational events and activities to promote sustainability and biodiversity that connect farmers, cooks, educators, workers and everyone else who cares about food and the environment.
Our members are involved in activities such as:
- Raising public awareness and encouraging the enjoyment of foods that are local, seasonal and sustainably grown.
- Caring for the land and protecting biodiversity in food and farming for future generations.
- Performing educational outreach within their communities and working with children in schools and through public programs.
- Promoting and protecting fruits, vegetables, grains, animal breeds, wild foods and cooking traditions at risk of disappearing.
- Advocating for farmers and artisans who grow, produce, market, prepare and serve good,clean, and fair food.
- Promoting the celebration of food as a cornerstone of culture and community.
When you become a member of Slow Food, you join an international movement of people who are committed to improving the way we grow, prepare and share real food.
- Learn how to find, grow, and prepare real food in your community.
- Connect with others through the common language and pleasure of good food.Join local volunteers who are rolling up their sleeves to build school gardens, improve school lunch, and support local farms around the world.
- Your support will help promote environmentally friendly food production, teach children how to grow and prepare good food, and make real food more accessible to all.
- Member discounts for all events hosted by Slow Food Orlando.
- Early sign-up or purchase options for all Slow Food Orlando events, tours, classes and more.
- Member-only events.
Slow Food advances its mission by working at the local, national, and international levels. By joining Slow Food through your local chapter, your donation of $25 or more will be split evenly to fund local, national and global projects and programs making food good, clean, and fair for all.